It has been a long time since we have done a “top X” or “best X” post. So here’s a post with the top 10 easiest (we believe) things you can do to control your diet, lose weight and better your overall health.
Note that all these tips are taken straight from the trim down club. So if you like them, we highly recommend checking out the program. It’s online and very easy to follow.
- WATER – Drinking an adequate amount of water daily promotes weight loss. Researches say that a person must drink around 2-3 liters of water per day. Water is an essential medium for the elimination of toxins from the body. Also water along with the fiber prevents the fat absorption in the intestines and helps to eliminate it from the body.
- EXERCISE – Daily physical exercise is very important in weight loss as well for maintaining weight. During exercise the body burns up the excess calories that remain un-utilized in our body. Exercise also tones up the body muscle as a result the fats in the muscles are broken down in every workout.
- AVOID PRCESSED FOOD: Processed food is high on calories and low on nutrition. Bakery products, cheese, fast foods are all devoid of the necessary nutrients but are stuffed only with fats, sugars and salt. Cutting the processed foods from the diet is very effective in weight loss
- FRESH FRUITS: Fresh fruits contain anti-oxidants and many vital nutrients. The trim down club highly recommends including a lot of fruits in your diet. Eating fresh fruits regularly helps to de-toxify the body cells. The fiber found in whole fruit is known to promote weight loss.
Taking the whole fruit is much healthier than the fruit juice and yet if at all you are taking a fruit juice then make sure that you are taking it fresh and not the canned fruit juices. As the canned fruit juices are devoid of fiber and contain too many preservatives.
- AVOID STARVING: It’s a very famous myth that staying hungry for long duration or eating less helps in weight reduction, but the truth is the exact opposite. Starving for long hours or eating very little per meal only makes our body lethargic and leaves us tired and instead it reduces our BMR i.e. the calorie burning rate is reduced as a result we gain more weight.
- FLAX SEEDS: Including flax seeds in diet has been proven to promote weight loss by increasing the BMR. Also the fatty acids found in flax seeds help in reducing the LDL- bad cholesterol from the blood and increase the level of HDL- good cholesterol.
- GREEN TEA: Green tea is rich in flavonoids. Green tea helps in cleansing of the body toxins. Taking green tea post-meals helps in preventing fat absorption by the intestines.
- HIGH PROTEIN INTAKE: A diet that is high on proteins keeps you energetic and increases the endurance of your muscles. When the protein intake in the diet increases, the fat cells present in the muscles are broken down and replaced by these proteins. The broken down fat cells are then eliminated out of the body as toxins.
- SUGARS: Refined sugar causes a good amount of weight gain. You can replace the sugar with substances like sugar free or honey.
- WHOLE GRAIN MEAL: Switch on a whole grain meal/flour instead of refined flour. Whole grain meals like whole wheat flour, oats etc contain high amount of fiber and proteins and are very low on calories. Whole grain bread can be replaced by the routine white bread. It is very useful in weight loss
- A BONUS NUMBER 11 TIP: Join a community. While not a “tip” in a sense, joining a community of like-minded people is one of the best things you can do for your health. Why? Because it holds you accountable, keeps you motivated and helps you ‘stick to the path’. Of course, we are biased towards the trim down club program (More details: http://www.skinnybetty.com/trim-down-club-reviews/). It’s a great community, a really practical weight loss program and best of all, they give a no questions asked 60 days refund guarantee, so we highly recommend you to check it out.